Sunday, September 7, 2008

A New Point Of View

So me and The Love of My Life, Ashley have decided to start this as a way of keeping track of thoughts and using this as a way to expand our imagination. I personally like the idea of blogging, its entertaining and helps you build your writing skills. I just hope that I can stick to posting everyday. So today I am just going to improv a short story from the top of my head.

Here it goes,


Nothing, but the chirp of a nearby cricket bedded beneath the grass and the hoot of a far off owl. To Jimmy these could be the last memories he holds.

"Jimmy Wake Up!", coming from a peaceful place I snap back to reality.
"Jimmy I Wont Tell You Again, Your Going To Be Late!", the voice echos up the steps and into my bedroom. Realizing that my alarm clock I set for school is now ripped out of the wall and is lying on the other end of my room. I yell back not wanting to upset my mother and hear her complain all morning. "I'm Up!".
Throwing on the clothes lying closest to me I rush downstairs into the bathroom. Frantically brushing my teeth and putting on my flip-flops at the same time.
I get to school only to realize my mom's clock was set fast so now I am early at school, I sit on the bench by the entrance awaiting my friend Alice. Me and Alice have a very, confusing relationship. You see I have known Alice since junior high, and now we cant seem to escape each others presence. I have always found her attractive and very smart but what would she see in me? I mean, I'm tall for my class, slightly overweight, and am very emotional. She has always been into the skinny, short guys with somewhat of a build. So I decided that I need to accept we wont ever become anything more than best friends.
Sometimes I enjoy when I make her current and past boyfriends jealous of how close and how much time we spend together. Her newest boyfriend whom she and the group call, "wheat face", because of his job at the bakery here in town. I personally hate the name, I just call him by his real name, his first name, Duke.
Then I saw her, walking up the side walk In her gorgeous knee high gray dress with black flowers vining their way around her, It had to be Alice. I spotted her walking up the sidewalk towards the front doors. As she swung the door open I instantly smelt her perfume and almost melted at her feet.
"Jimmy are you feeling ok?", she asked with such a voice It would make any guy sweat. Snapping myself out of it just as she repeated my name again I blurted out at the same time she did, " Wha... I mean yes I'm fine."
"Oops, Sorry."
"Oops, Sorry."
"Jinx!"
"Jinx!"
We both laughed and the color of her cheeks turned a rosy red and I was sure mine had also.You see me and Alice seem to think a lot alike and we tend to say the same thing often, I love it. Its stupid I know.
"So, are you excited for this weekend, Jimmy?"
My mind drew a blank."This weekend?"
"Yeah Its Halloween Silly remember, the party with the guys and some of my friends?"
"Oh yeah cant wait, what are you going as?" I asked in curiosity.
"Jasmine."
She needed to say no more, me and her are both in love with Disney movies.
"No Way!" I said in excitement, "I'm going as Aladdin!" I really was.
"Thats weird, so is Wheat Face, that could be awkward, should I tell him to change?"
My mind shouted, "Yes!"
"No its ok, I think Duke doesn't make as near as a good Aladdin as I do! But I dont want him to change his costume."
"Ok." She said with her beautiful crooked smirk and her huge dimples.
I think that trick-or-treating is still really fun even though we are juniors in high school.
"Hi guys!" She said looking over my Shoulder, it was the guys.

-To Be Continued......

3 comments:

AshNay said...

Hmmm, Sounds familiar... LOL.
INCREDIBLE job baby!!! I had NO idea you could write like that! Why did I have no idea you could write like that?
Lucy, you've got some splaining to dooooo!

*Ash Nay*

Linda Wisdom said...

This is so good!

I'm proud of you!

Auntie Lin

Terese Ramin said...

Wonderful job, Peter Pan! Can't wait to see more.

Aunt T